[DRBD-user] meta-data error

Swetha - swetha_jay87 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 14 14:01:06 CET 2008

Hi,

  I have upgraded my system from DRBD-0.7.21 to DRBD-8.2.5

  I have mounted default webserver of linux (/export) and i have created a html page in it.

  But after i upgraded my system i found that i didnt have the html page in upgraded version (8.2.5) that i created in my older version (0.7.21)

  When i typed this following command

  [root at slave drbd]# drbdadm create-md export
  v08 Magic number not found
  md_offset 0
  al_offset 4096
  bm_offset 36864

  Found some data
   ==> This might destroy existing data! <==

  Do you want to proceed?
  [need to type 'yes' to confirm] yes

  Valid v07 meta-data found, convert to v08?
  [need to type 'yes' to confirm] yes

  Converting meta data...
  Writing meta data...
  New drbd meta data block sucessfully created.

  What is the problem?What is the solution?

  Regards
  Swetha