[DRBD-user] DRBD-8.2.5-online verification error

Swetha - swetha_jay87 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Mar 13 07:02:31 CET 2008

Hi,

  Though i give

  verify-alg  crc32c;

  in the syncer section of my drbd.conf, i face the following error

  [root at slave ~]# drbdadm verify export
  State change failed: (-14) Need a verify algorithm to start online verify
  Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 verify' terminated with exit code 11

  Actually i have upgraded my system from DRBD-0.7.21 to DRBD-8.2.5, and my drbd.conf is

  # drbd.conf example
  #
  resource export {
    protocol C;
    #incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ; halt -f";  startup {
      wfc-timeout  0;
      degr-wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.
    }
    disk {
      on-io-error   detach;
    }

  # below 2 sections were entered by me manually in drbd.conf

  syncer {
    cpu-mask 1;
    verify-alg crc32c;
    }

  net {
          data-integrity-alg crc32c;
      }
  #
   on master {
      device    /dev/drbd0;
      disk      /dev/hda5;
      address   192.168.0.20:7789;
      meta-disk /dev/hda6[0];
    }

    on slave {
      device    /dev/drbd0;
      disk      dev/hda5;
      address   192.168.0.21:7789;
      meta-disk /dev/hda6[0];
    }
  }

  What is the actual problem?What is the solution to this problem?

  Regards
  Swetha