[DRBD-user] Suggestion for DRBD User's Guide

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Wed Mar 12 16:30:15 CET 2008

On Wednesday, 12. March 2008, Whit Blauvelt wrote:

> Here's an additional question the manual might answer: Are the subsequent
> operations as slow as the initial sync? Or do they runs at something closer
> to normal file transfer speed? In our case what I'm trying to test it for
> is a 60 gig partition. It's been running the initial sync for a day, and
> looks to have another day to go.

That's completely out of the ordinary. DRBD sync should be more like raw disk
throughput (50MB/s in our case). Are you sure, you set the syncer rate
in /etc/drbd.conf to something reasonable like "rate 100M;"? If yes, there's
something fishy going on and standard infos, like hard- and software
configuration may needed to find out, what's wrong.

Regards,
Stefan Seifert