[DRBD-user] DRBD performance and heavy load

Sam sam at investbot.org
Tue Mar 11 02:07:03 CET 2008

>  which boils down to "enable write cache" on the disks.

Lars,

My understanding is that with a battery-backed RAID controller, you
want the disk's write cache **disabled**. Otherwise, you are still
risking data loss if the data resides in the disk's cache when a power
failure occurs. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, the RAID controller in discussion here does not have a
battery-backed option.