[DRBD-user] major doubt-very urgent

अनुज Anuj Singh anujhere at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 23:03:06 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Doug Lochart <dlochart at gmail.com> wrote:
> The folks at Linbit just released this awesome beginners resource for
>  DRBD.  It won't take long to read and I think it should answer most if
>  not all of your questions.  I would recommend moving to DRBD 8.0 +
>  however.
>
>  regards,
>
>  Doug
>
>  http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/index.html
>

>  On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Swetha - <swetha_jay87 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > I have given my /etc/drbd.conf file in this mail.
>  >
>  > Please can anyone clarify my doubts?
>  >
>  > Please reply to me as soon as possible.Iam in a hurry sir.Iam doing this as
>  > my final year project and i need to submit my project within 10 days.
>  >
>  > config file:
>  >
>  > # drbd.conf
>  > #
>  > resource export {
>  >   protocol C;
>  >   incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ; halt
>  > -f";
>  >   startup {
>  >     wfc-timeout  0;
>  >     degr-wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.
>  >   }
>  >   disk {
>  >     on-io-error   detach;
>  >   }
>  >  on master {
>  >     device    /dev/drbd0;
>  >     disk       /dev/hda5;
>  >     address   192.168.0.20:7789;
>  >     meta-disk /dev/hda6[0];
>  >   }
>  >
>  >   on slave {
>  >     device    /dev/drbd0;
>  >     disk       /dev/hda5;
>  >     address   192.168.0.21:7789;
>  >     meta-disk /dev/hda6[0];
>  >   }
>  > }
>  >
>  >
>  > I have an existing system configured using DRBD-0.7.21 and heartbeat-2.0.4.
>  >
>  > I have a device /dev/drbd0 and a journaling file system  namely /export
>  > mounted on the device (ext3 filesystem).
>  >
>  > 1.How can i create meta-data for my existing system with above drbd.conf
>  > file?

>  >
>  > 2.Is my meta-data internal or external?
>  >
>  > 3.How can i view my meta-data?
>  >
>  > 3.I have a problem with upgrading my DRBD-0.7.21 to DRBD-8.It occurs at the
>  > below given statement.Please clarify it for me.

What error are you getting?

>  >
>  >
>  > drbdadm create-md export
>  >
>  > (my resource name is export)
>  >
>  > 4.How can i enable data integrity into my existing system without upgrading
>  > it to DRBD-8?

>  >
>  > 5.What all enhancements can i make to my existing system with DRBD-0.7.21 to
>  > enable online device verification and data-integrity?
>  >
>  > 6.How can i use dopd in DRBD-0.7.21?

I wonder if you can take a backup of data in case you have any usable
data under your mounted /dev/drbd0

did you went threw manual pages, documentation which might be there on
your systems, usually installs with any package over linux,
try 'apropos drbd' to findout.

neat and clean way would be to upgrade, what os you have? are you
allowed to upgrade? and if you are compiling then what error are you
getting,
logs you can check in 'tail -f /var/log/messages' or /sbin/service
drbd status , or cat /proc/drbd  ( redhat linux)

anuj.