[DRBD-user] major doubt-very urgent

Swetha - swetha_jay87 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Mar 2 03:59:06 CET 2008

Hello,

  I have given my /etc/drbd.conf file in this mail.

  Please can anyone clarify my doubts?

  Please reply to me as soon as possible.Iam in a hurry sir.Iam doing this as my final year project and i need to submit my project within 10 days.

  config file:

  # drbd.conf
  #
  resource export {
    protocol C;
    incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ; halt -f";
    startup {
      wfc-timeout  0;
      degr-wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.
    }
    disk {
      on-io-error   detach;
    }
   on master {
      device    /dev/drbd0;
      disk       /dev/hda5;
      address   192.168.0.20:7789;
      meta-disk /dev/hda6[0];
    }

    on slave {
      device    /dev/drbd0;
      disk       /dev/hda5;
      address   192.168.0.21:7789;
      meta-disk /dev/hda6[0];
    }
  }

    I have an existing system configured using DRBD-0.7.21 and heartbeat-2.0.4.

  I have a device /dev/drbd0 and a journaling file system  namely /export mounted on the device (ext3 filesystem).

  1.How can i create meta-data for my existing system with above drbd.conf file?

  2.Is my meta-data internal or external?

  3.How can i view my meta-data?

  3.I have a problem with upgrading my DRBD-0.7.21 to DRBD-8.It occurs at the below given statement.Please clarify it for me.

    drbdadm create-md export

  (my resource name is export)

  4.How can i enable data integrity into my existing system without upgrading it to DRBD-8?

  5.What all enhancements can i make to my existing system with DRBD-0.7.21 to enable online device verification and data-integrity?

  6.How can i use dopd in DRBD-0.7.21?

  Regards
  J.Swetha