[DRBD-user] RE: drbd-user Digest, Vol 47, Issue 40

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sun Jun 29 20:05:12 CEST 2008

After a long battle with technology, Florian Haas wrote:
> Matt Graham wrote:
>> Tripp Lewis wrote:
>>> mke2fs: Wrong medium type while trying to determine filesystem size
>> I don't think this error message exists in a recent mke2fs.  DRBD isn't
>> *that* new, but it was much less widely used in 2005.  Upgrade your
>> e2fsprogs to the latest available version, and
> The "wrong medium type" error occurs when you forget to make your device
> Primary before accessing it.
>>> version: 8.2.6 (api:88/proto:86-88)
>>>  0: cs:StandAlone st:Primary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown   r---
>>>     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 oos:29301596

I didn't think of that because the /proc/drbd contents that Tripp posted a few
messages back say there is a primary.  When 2 nodes are connected and neither
has been made primary, it of course says "Secondary/Secondary", but I have
not played much with only having 1 node up.

> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-first-time-up.html too.

Yeah.  Always Read Teh Fine Manual.

--
For every new foolproof invention there is a new and improved fool.
  My blog: http://crow202.dyndns.org/wordpress/