[DRBD-user] RE: drbd-user Digest, Vol 47, Issue 40

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Sun Jun 29 19:27:09 CEST 2008

Matt Graham wrote:
>> mknod /dev/drbd0 b 147 0 fixed the error message when compiling a kernel,
>> and when I try to [mke2fs] /dev/drbd0 I am now getting:
>
>> mke2fs: Wrong medium type while trying to determine filesystem size
>
> I don't think this error message exists in a recent mke2fs.  DRBD isn't *that*
> new, but it was much less widely used in 2005.  Upgrade your e2fsprogs to the
> latest available version, and try again.  You could strace the mke2fs command
> and see which exact syscall is failing, but that may not be insanely useful.

The "wrong medium type" error occurs when you forget to make your device
Primary before accessing it.

Your probably want to have a look at
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-first-time-up.html too.

Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.