[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.2.6 - reason for full resync?!

Andrei Neagoe anne at imc.nl
Fri Jun 27 09:14:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

No real improvement, just maybe a couple of MB/s. Also, what's strange
is that the same test performed over and over again produces quite
different results:

[root at leviathan ftp]# dd if=/dev/zero of=zero.dat bs=1G  count=1 oflag=dsync
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 39.0488 seconds, 27.5 MB/s
[root at leviathan ftp]# rm zero.dat
[root at leviathan ftp]# rm -f zero.dat
[root at leviathan ftp]# dd if=/dev/zero of=zero.dat bs=1G  count=1 oflag=dsync
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 37.3662 seconds, 28.7 MB/s
[root at leviathan ftp]# rm -f zero.dat
[root at leviathan ftp]# dd if=/dev/zero of=zero.dat bs=1G  count=1 oflag=dsync
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 19.4406 seconds, 55.2 MB/s
[root at leviathan ftp]# rm -f zero.dat
[root at leviathan ftp]# dd if=/dev/zero of=zero.dat bs=1G  count=1 oflag=dsync
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 20.3066 seconds, 52.9 MB/s

All of the above tests were done at less than 1 minute interval.

Thanks,

Andrei.