[DRBD-user] Protocol B to improve mysql write performance.

Art Age Software artagesw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 22:58:27 CEST 2008

My understanding is that the wire protocol affects performance while
real-time disk transactions are occurring. I don't think it would have
any effect on the performance of mysql taking over the DB on the
secondary node. If anything, I would expect B & C to be possibly
better than A, since they ensure that there are no partial
transactions to clean up on the secondary at the time of the failover.
But in normal failover situations, B & C are pretty much equivalent.