[DRBD-user] slow disk throughput

William Francis wfrancis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 20:01:32 CEST 2008

I upgraded my drbd kernel module and userland tools to 8.0.12 and added
the two additional parameters to my disk section of my drbd.conf as Lee
suggested and wow, a full 10X improvement in write speed, which is about
60% of bare metal speed.

What does this suggest? Does 8.0.11 have some performance ....um, issues
(or perhaps just the version that ships with Ubuntu Hardy?) or does it
not just work well with my hardware? Or is the slower speed expected if
one wants to operate with maximum safety?  But I think I read that 7.x
got about 60% bare metal speed? hmmm.

either way, I now have a config that works, thanks!