[DRBD-user] Mystery with online verify and Out of sync sectors.

Dimitrij Hilt dimitrij.hilt at fhe3.com
Tue Jun 17 10:19:40 CEST 2008

Florian Haas schrieb:
> Dimitrij Hilt wrote:
>  >> Right. And now can you do
>>> ... where <dev> is your backing device, <start> is the first out-of-sync
>>> sector as reported in the kernel log, and <size> is the number of
>>> out-of-sync sectors?
>> I did it allready.
>>> Please do that on both nodes, for a handful (say 5 or so) of out-of-sync
>>> areas reported in your syslog.
>>> If those MD5 sums match, then these are apparently false positives and
>>> we'll have to look into what's causing them.
>>> If, however, they do not match, replace "openssl md5" with "xxd" in the
>>> command above, and try to interpret those hex dumps. Are they completely
>>> different, do they not match at all, or are you seeing just one or two
>>> seemingly random differences?
>> Yes, i saw differences. These sectors was not false positives.
> OK. Do you have some of those xxd dumps still lying around? Can you post
> one or two pairs of those?
I dos not have any dumps, sorry. O only checkd md5 and saw difference.
>> At the moment the problem is away. I did:
>> change meta-disc to internal
>> disable data-integrity-alg
> Did you try these changes one at a time, or both at once?
I now it is stupid, but i have changed both at a time.
But before these changes i'v tested to disable data-integrity-alg witout
any recreation. And the problem still happens after.

Dimitrij Hilt
Geschäftsführer / CEO

Griesbachstr. 5
76185 Karlsruhe

FON: +49 721 499 3770
FAX: +49 721 499 3773

dimitrij.hilt at fhe3.com

Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 702495
Umsatzsteuer-Ident: DE254677931
Geschäftsführer: Peter Eisenhauer, Michael Feger, Dimitrij Hilt