[DRBD-user] Protocol B to improve mysql write performance.

Deepak.Mantri at shinsei-it.com Deepak.Mantri at shinsei-it.com
Tue Jun 17 08:48:51 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

We are using a heartbeat(2.1.2)+drbd(8.0.11) cluster for Mysql
This is installed on a Dell PE2950 with external storage(MD3000).The
Size is 300Gb at present and may scale to 2TB.The failover is happening
However when we go for a abrupt shutdown of DB and the resources swing
Seconady the time db takes to come up is close to 15min.Initially db
guys suggested
For some performance tuning changes.Things did not work out.Now we are
being suggested that
We use protcol B so as to increase the performance and this will in turn
reduce the time for
Db to come up on secondary.Will changing from protocol c to b help us in

Thanks in advance.

This e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.