[DRBD-user] Resizing Issues

Lee Christie Lee at titaninternet.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 23:20:18 CEST 2008

Hi all

I appreciate that the documentation says to use an LVM, however it
"should" be possible to resize the partition holding the backing disk,
then using drbdadm to resize the block device and finally resize2fs or
similar to sort your filesystem.

"should" ;)

Parted gives me this error : "Error: File system has an incompatible
feature enabled."

I did experiment with simply removing the partition and recreating it
with the same starting point but a bigger size - unfortunately it looks
like there is some kind of lock held as the only way I could get my
primary node to "see" the bigger backing disk was to reboot. I think its
possible to use this approach by careful resizing and failing over, then
failing back but it seems a lot of aggro.

I don't really want to use LVM as this will make the underlying data
incompatible with our backup imaging software Acronis True Image.

I've tried resizing the partition using only parted but with both an
ext3 and xfs filesystem.

Any ideas much appreciated :)