[DRBD-user] drbdadm adjust without role traversal causes full resync ?

Robert Heinzmann reg at elconas.de
Thu Jul 31 16:39:40 CEST 2008

Hello list,

I found a interesting behaviour with "drbdadm adjust".

When changing a DISK parameter (like fencing) and running "drdbadm adjust"
on both nodes WITHOUT changing the roles a full sync is triggered (Primary
= SyncTarget).
When changing a DISK parameter (like fencing) and running "drdbadm adjust"
on both nodes AND changing the roles beween the "adjust" calls no full sync
is triggered.

e.g.

Node1 (primary)
Node2 (standby)
Node1: Change config
Node2: Change config
Node2: drbdadm adjust
Node1: drbdadm secondary
Node2: drbdadm primary
Node1 (standby)
Node2 (primary)
Node1: drbdadm adjust

--> No full sync.

sounds interesting to me. I have to think about this some more. Is this
intended behaviour ?

Robert

--
Robert