[DRBD-user] drbd without a partition, for use with xen images

Robert Verspuy robert at exa-omicron.nl
Fri Jul 25 11:07:47 CEST 2008

Michael schreef:
> Why not to use loop?
> assing xen image to loop1 ( drbd1 (
> loop2 to drbd2 ... etc...

But then (I think), you can't do a live migration ??
because there's no software making sure that writes to the image from
both server do not write to the same block at the same time. (GFS does that)

If you don't need live migration, you can use the loop, but when you
want to migrate (in a controlled manner, not failover), you have to do
the following steps:
- On Server A, stop Xen DomU
- On Server A, umount loop1 (drbd1)
- On Server A, set drbd1 from primary to secundairy
- On Server B, set drbd1 from secundairy to primary
- On Server B, mount loop1 (drbd1)
- On Server B, Start Xen VM.

Regards,
Robert