[DRBD-user] drbd without a partition, for use with xen images

Robert Verspuy robert at exa-omicron.nl
Fri Jul 25 09:27:34 CEST 2008

You can,

As long as the directory (where the images are located) is available on
both servers.

You could do this by placing the Xen images on a NFS server, and the nfs
directory is mounted on both xen servers.

Or (the way I implemented it at this moment) you can use DRBD to mirror
1 partition (active-active) between two xen server.
On the xen server you also install the redhat cluster software, and the
gfs cluster filesystem on top of the drbd partition.

With this cluster filesystem, the xen images are available on both
servers and live migration of the DomU is available between the xen servers.

Regards,
Robert

Heiko schreef:
> Hello,
>
> is there a way to setup a XEN Failover with 2 VMs that live inside an image?
> I dont have a LVM Volume, so I cant create volumegroups.
> My other VM are just image files on the harddisk, i would like to keep
> it that way.
>
> Hope there is a way to set this up.
>
> thx
>
> .rupert