[DRBD-user] online verification really bogs things down

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Sun Jul 20 23:57:36 CEST 2008

Florian Haas wrote:
> Let me guess... your syncer rate is way above what your storage
> subsystem and/or network can handle?

Hm, shouldn't be too much, according to the numbers. But we know how
well the numbers on the box (GigE and 4x SATA-2 3.0 Gbps) correspond to
real-world use. I have dropped the sync rate from 100M to 40M to see the
effect. So far it's looking favorable!

Thanks Florian. Sometimes it's the obvious stuff. :)

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA