[DRBD-user] Redundancy

nathan at robotics.net nathan at robotics.net
Sat Jul 19 23:25:37 CEST 2008

Is it possible to specify more then one IP address in a DRBD config? I
just ran into a nasty split brain scenario that I did not think about.

I am using infiniband between my two hosts and my infiniband cable was
disconnected. Cluster MANager was still running on the gigabit ethernet
interface, so nothing was fenced even tho DRBD was partitioned because of
lack of infiniband IPoIB interface.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com