[DRBD-user] 8.0.12 userland safe with 8.0.11 kernel module?

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Thu Jul 17 12:04:16 CEST 2008

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:48:40 +0200 Florian Haas wrote:

> Christian Balzer wrote:
> >> Don't do that. Your DRBD userland tools should always match your
> >> kernel module.
> >>
> > That's what I thought and I why I asked. Oh well, time schedule some
> > downtime.
>
> You do realize that without a matching kernel module, none of any new
> features the DRBD userland exposes will actually work. So it really
> doesn't do you any good to just upgrade the userland tools.

Of course I realize that. It was a question aimed to ease/streamline the
upgrade process. Get/install userland now, fix the bloody ownership and
permissions of drbdadm and friends _again_ so they work with heartbeat
(hello package maintainer :-p). And then do the happy dance of
failover a->b, restart a (well, reload module), failover b->a, restart b
at an opportune moment.

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services