[DRBD-user] drbd and gnbd

PN poknam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 02:56:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

2008/7/16 Tiago Cruz <tiagocruz at forumgdh.net>:

> Very well! Thanks!!
>
> And... it there some problem if I format my GFS with, for example, 10
> jornals if I'm using only 3? 'Cause we never know about tje
> future... :-p

It is fine for using more journals.
I think there would be some performance penalty, although I'm not sure about
it.

> And about DRBD, I'm exporting only one... If I use this parameter "two
> are the same" I'll got some loadbalacing/ failover on the client
> side? :-)

If you only export 1 DRBD, you are doing backup, which do not need to
exporting both DRBD.
However if you are exporting 2 DRBD, it can provide HA functions. In order
to do this, you need to make 2 DRBD to be primary and set the parameter in
exporting with GNBD. Otherwise, the client machines cannot map the 2 DRBD
devices into one.

PN