[DRBD-user] drbdadm adjust error and now resync...

Brice Figureau brice+drbd at daysofwonder.com
Thu Jul 10 17:54:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just reconfigured my drbd 8.0.12 installation (added no-md-flush,
no-disk-flush and increased max-buffers and al-extents).
Following the drbd reconfigure paragraph
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-reconfigure.html, I did:

1) edited both drbd.conf on each node
2) did drbdadm adjust mysql on one node (was the secondary)
3) tried to drbdadm adjust mysql on the other node
and got the following error:

/dev/drbd0: State change failed: (-4) Refusing to be inconsistent on
both nodes
Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 detach' terminated with exit code 11

And then the resources are now synchronizing from secondary to primary.
Now, I don't understand why it did that.
Does changing the configuration means it has to resync the whole thing?
Or did I miss something?
--
Brice Figureau <brice+drbd at daysofwonder.com>