[DRBD-user] Odd observation when sync'ing

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Thu Jul 3 16:11:53 CEST 2008

Lee Christie wrote:
> Whats even odder is that looking at top we suspected CPU contention (the
> boxes have a single CPU each)

CPU contention? You got a cumulative syncer rate of over 300 MB/s, and
your disk stats confirmed this. Since I doubt your storage is capable of
pulling more than 300 MB/s streaming writes, it seems like you simply
saturated your storage bandwidth, doesn't it?

Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

Enterprise consultancy and support for DRBD is available from LINBIT. If
you are interested, Please go to http://www.linbit.com/en/contact and
leave your contact details.

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address. I monitor the
list on a daily basis. Thank you.