[DRBD-user] Compliment for DRBD

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logica.com
Thu Jul 3 12:32:38 CEST 2008

In one of the Discussion It was said that:

Q:Do I really need shared storage?
It depends on what you're planning to do. The point of using GFS and
CLVM is that you have storage you want to share between machines
concurrently. Without shared storage, you have a local filesystem and
lvm2, neither of which need the cluster infrastructure. If you want to
use the cluster infrastructure for High Availability services, you don't
need shared storage.

What does it mean?