[DRBD-user] Setting Up Red Hat Cluster..

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logica.com
Wed Jul 2 13:51:31 CEST 2008

Thanks for the reply,

I have few doubts and hope you will help me out.

You talked about GFS.Is it in RHEL 4.0 or I need to install that.Is it
Open Source Tool.

Being newbie for Clustering,I need to elaborate on setup as the User
Guide manual is such big.

Just I want How Gonna I implement.Any Steps by Steps Docs of deploying
the Shared Storage.

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 12:00:36 Singh Raina, Ajeet wrote:

> Hello Guys,

> This is my first post Hope You all gonna be Helpful.

> I want to setup Red Hat Clustering just for testing the overall

> architecture.

> But I don't have shared storage but I do have a RHEL Machine of 60 GB.

> I heard about DRBD but don't know how gonna I start up with?

> Anyone who can help me in setting up storage thru DRBD?

RedHat Cluster Suite does not require shared storage to operate, it is
simply a clustering mechanism similar to Heartbeat.

If you are looking to setup a GFS filesystem, shared between multiple
Cluster Suite nodes, you can use DRBD for that in Primary-Primary mode.

The DRBD documentation describes this:

      http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/ch-gfs.html