[DRBD-user] Newbie on startup

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Tue Jul 1 04:31:24 CEST 2008

Hello all,
I'm using drbd 8.2.6 on Centos5.1.

Strictly following the userguide (two-nodes, primary/secondary role), I
think I got it works ok :)

One behaviour I notice is this:
If I turn off both nodes, and then turn them on again. The status on
both nodes become: Secondary/Secondary.
I have to switch the first node: drbdadm primary r0.

Is it the intended behaviour? I mean I should manually tell the first
node as the primary? What is the best practise?
Thank you.
http://linux2.arinet.org
13:10:54 up 5:02, 2.6.24-18-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.