[DRBD-user] Re: unable to resync devices

Arne Altrichter arne at meteo-graphics.de
Wed Jan 30 15:08:09 CET 2008

Hi Florian,

upgrading is not so easy on a productive system, but I think a found the
problem. The console on the master said "drbd0: [smbd/8966] sock_sendmsg
time expired, ko = 4294967295", 10 times or so. The 3ware controller of
the slave reported no problem, even a verify was done without a problem.
drbd0 lies on top of a Raid 5 with 5 disks. I checked all drives with
smartcrl and one of the drives had a very high Raw_Read_Error_Rate. I
replaced the hard drive, rebuilded the Raid and the problem was gone.

Thanks,
Arne