[DRBD-user] Drbd and debian

Bas van Schaik bas at tuxes.nl
Mon Jan 28 00:33:30 CET 2008

Bas van Schaik wrote:
> Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
>
>> Am Freitag, den 25.01.2008, 16:57 +0100 schrieb Pierguido:
>>

>>> I'd like to build debian packages :-)
>>>

>> Debian has 8.0.8 in unstable and 8.2.4 in experimental, why not just use
>> these, maybe rebuilt on stable?
>>

> As an alternative you can use the 8.0.6 from etch-backports (check out
> www.backports.org). Of course it shouldn't be that hard to rebuild 8.2.4
> from experimental for Etch using de Debian build tools...

For testing purposes I've created a set of backport packages (drbd
version 0.8.24) for Debian Etch, based on the current package sources in
experimental. You can find them at https://guust.tuxes.nl/~bas/drbd/

(use them at your own risk!)

After installation of the both the drbd8-utils and drbd8-source
packages, you will have to build the kernel module using Debian's
module-assistant tool:
> module-assistant auto-install drbd8-source

The module and utils are working for me, but I haven't performed any
stress testing.

Cheers,

  -- Bas