[DRBD-user] drbd and LVM -> always getting duplicate volumes (was: can't use LVM2 on drbd devices)

Rudolph Bott rb at megabit.net
Fri Jan 25 17:03:26 CET 2008

A more general approach to the LVM config would be:

filter = [ "a|drbd0|", "r/.*/" ]

which simply means - reject all but scan drbd0 (or whatever drbd device
you use or simply modify it to include drbd[0-9])

Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
> Carlos Xavier schrieb:
>> Hehe,
>> Im sorry for being late again.
>> This filter iwas made in order to include the drbd device and make lvm
>> ignore the real device, so this way i dont have to deal with any link.
>> Lvm is happy then not seeing a duplicated PV, since it ignores  the
>> devices preceeded  by ["r|/dev/xxx", ......].
>
> I see, you did "a" for drbd, which means accept, and "r" for sdX
> partitions - my bad, your setup was correct.
>

>> But at the end I give up on LVM and choose a bether setup with OCFS2
>> over DRBD.
>
> OCFS2 doesn't have any volume manager features though, does it?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards

Rudolph Bott
--
Megabit Informationstechnik GmbH
Karstr.25  41068 Moenchengladbach  Tel:02161/30898-0  Fax:-18