[DRBD-user] is LVM cluster-aware?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 24 18:22:02 CET 2008

Is LVM cluster-aware? Of course it's not, but... Will I loose data if I
have a LVM physical volume replicated on two machines with DRBD (two
primaries), and I want to access two separate logical volumes on
different machines?

Machine_1
          \            /--Logical_volume_1
           DRBD-LVM2-PV
          /            \--Logical_volume_2
Machine_2

On Machine_1 I only want to read/write to Logical_volume_1.
On Machine_2 I only want to read/write to Logical_volume_2.

I don't want to add/remove/rename/resize/etc. any volumes - just access
them on separate machines.

Perhaps the answer is: yes, you will loose your data, but I wanted to be
sure ;)

Are there any workarounds to that (with just two volumes it's simple -
don't use LVM; but let's suppose there are many logical volumes)?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org