[DRBD-user] disconnecting hangs after ko-count failure

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Jan 22 18:54:41 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 06:35:27PM +0100, Walter Haidinger wrote:

> > and you are sure that nothing else but the drbd version changed?
> > same kernel, same wlan drivers, those metal-wire-fruit baskets
> > in the middle of the room did not start to dance, and your neighbor
> > still has the same old microwave oven?
>
> Of course there are some other changes, but the only one noticable with regards to drbd is the major version change. The wireless link is run
> by two Linksys WRT54GL routers with external antennas running a custom version of OpenWRT. Didn't change anything worth mentioning on the setup there.
>
> > well.
> > what about a flood ping with big packets?
> > # ping -w 20 -f -s 4100 peer-node
> > or saturating your link using dd and netcat...
>
> drbd v7 was saturating the 11 Mbit/s link by syncing about 400GB which obviously took several days. No problem back then.
> Traffic shaping using HTB keeps the link usuable even if drbd uses all available (remaining) bandwidth.
>
> The reason for upgrading to v8 in the first place was just the fact that
> openSUSE 10.3 comes with drbd v8 and I tried to use the provided kernel and drbd module on east.
>
> > please do
> > # ps -eo pid,state,wchan:30,cmd | grep -e D -e drbd
>
>   171 S drbd_nl_disconnect             [cqueue/1]
>  7735 S -                              [drbd0_worker]
> 13018 D drbd_disconnect                [drbd0_receiver]
> 21135 S pipe_wait                      grep drbd

to even start guessing about anything,
what I'd need is /proc/drbd (not only the first line),
and the above output, of both nodes,
when they are in this "hanging" state.

also, maybe you can trigger a sysrq shoW-blocked-tasks (or showTasks, if
your kernel does not have the former), and see if you can figure out
where exactly the drbd_disconnect sleeps, so we know what exactly it is
waiting for.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :