[DRBD-user] New install problem, nothing comes up

Rob Morin rob at dido.ca
Mon Jan 21 15:16:51 CET 2008

I am not sure what you mean, i do not use VMware...

i have 2 machines, Stewie(Primary) and Megs(Secondary)

These servers run on Debian Etch... I have 2 servers set up in a lab
environment for testing before i install on production systems.

I am using a Serial cable between the two for the heartbeat, and using
GigE for the other NIC, for regular communication and the replication...

I added the baud rate option as per the blog you mentioned to me.

I can ping and ssh to either of these 2 servers,,, i am using
192.168.5.0/24 as my test C class..

This morning however i think i go it working as i added the baudrate to
ha.cf and and put back heartbeat to start via regular rc.d start after boot.

However i have a question(s)

With a 2 node configuration what should be the proper procedure for
rebooting the Primary and or secondary?
Once a reboot has occurred, what amount of time should it take  for the
primary to mount the files system and start the services? Is there a way
to calculate based on my ha.cf file?

Sorry for any confusion... and thanks for your reply its very much
appreciated...

Have a warm day, its -20 C here in Montreal!
:)

Rob Morin
Dido Internet Inc.
Montreal,Canada