[DRBD-user] How to stop using DRBD?

Doug Porter doug at lynxdgs.com
Fri Jan 18 22:28:51 CET 2008

We've had 2 machines running for a couple years using DRBD and have decided
that the HA approach isn't right for us.  We have one drive mounted using
DRBD, so:

/dev/drbd0   is   /home

I want to go back to using
/dev/hda7    as  /home

But last month when we had an issue at one point I tried that and many files
were missing, so I gather it's not as simple as that?   I haven't found any
mention of it in any documentation and, clearly, my understanding of the
whole setup is flimsy at best.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!