[DRBD-user] Tracking down sources of corruption (possibly) detected by drbdadm verify...

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Jan 15 17:10:46 CET 2008

Hello Mysterious Stranger (I assume "Admin" is not your first name),

Why don't we first try and see if your network stack is eating data.

Do something like this:

host1:~ # dd if=/dev/urandom of=/tmp/foobar bs=1M count=256
host1:~ # md5sum /tmp/foobar

host2:~ # netcat -l -p 4711 | md5sum

host1:~ # netcat -q0 192.168.2.2 4711 < /tmp/foobar

... and let us know if those two MD5 sums match. Just in case, before we dive
deeper into this.

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

Please note: when replying, there is no need to CC my
personal address. Replying to the list is fine. Thank you.