[DRBD-user] reconnect after interface down/up

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Jan 8 12:28:08 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 10:46:51AM +0100, Martin Gombac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is DRBD supposed to reconnect automatically after network comes back up?
>
> I did a test for my network status script and had to ifconfig eth3
> down for one day.
> eth3 is used for drbd syncing. After i brought eth3 back up i
> expected for drbd to resync data again without me
> doing drbdadm connect all. Was i wrong?

if drbd cannot bind the address it is configured to use,
it gives up. it also logs that into the kernel log.
you should have looked there.

do "drbdadm adjust all", and it should recover.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :