[DRBD-user] become-primary-on both; doesn't

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Jan 8 11:44:20 CET 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 02:15:13PM -0500, Sean Brown wrote:
> When rebooting, or just pulling the plug to simulate a failure a DRBD
> node member, it comes up as secondary and not primary. I have become-
> primary-on both; set in the conf file so I don't know what's going on
> here.
>
> dmesg reports this:
>
> drbd0: Split-Brain detected, 1 primaries, automatically solved. Sync from this node
> drbd0: peer( Unknown -> Primary ) conn( WFReportParams -> WFBitMapS )
> disk( Consistent -> UpToDate ) pdsk( DUnknown -> UpToDate )
> drbd0: Writing meta data super block now.
> drbd0: role( Secondary -> Primary )
> drbd0: conn( WFBitMapS -> SyncSource ) pdsk( UpToDate -> Inconsistent )
> drbd0: Began resync as SyncSource (will sync 278528 KB [69632 bits set]).
> drbd0: Writing meta data super block now.
> drbd0: role( Primary -> Secondary )
> drbd0: Resync done (total 38 sec; paused 0 sec; 7328 K/sec)
> drbd0: conn( SyncSource -> Connected ) pdsk( Inconsistent -> UpToDate )
> drbd0: Writing meta data super block now.
>
> which I guess is just telling me it went from Primary to Secondary.

that does not tell me too much.

could you dig that up in your kernel log (synchronized timestamps,
right?), and provide that timeframe on both nodes?

on the just rebooted node preferably starting from the "drbd initialized".

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :