[DRBD-user] DRBD Performance

Azeez Ahamed azeez.ahamed at rediffmail.com
Thu Feb 28 12:38:24 CET 2008

    It has been observed that when protocol A and B is used, there is
some impact on the I/O performance (especially on sequential writes)
compared to protocol C. But theoretically, protocols A and B should be faster than C. Why Tiobench results (http://www.drbd.org/performance .html) says that protocol C is good ?

    Even i carried out performance tests (using Tiobench tool) on 8.0.3 build and i observed that the results are almost same as the one mentioned on the DRBD site.

    Please let me know the reason behind it.

Regards,
Azeez