[DRBD-user] local disk flush failed with status -5

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Feb 26 16:57:00 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 02:21:31PM +0100, Andreas Haase wrote:
> Lars,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 26.02.2008, 14:04 +0100 schrieb Lars Ellenberg:
> > if the other clusters are fine, what is the difference,
> > what makes this cluster behave "bad"?
>
> it is one of the first clusters using this combination of kernel and
> drbd version. We have at least one other cluster, that does not have
> this problem. But that is completely different hardware/controller.
>
> Do you have any idea, why the kernel reponds with an unexpected error
> code?

no.
but maybe I just misunderstand the internal kernal api,
and we should interpret EIO in response to blkdev_issue_flush
as equivalent to EOPNOTSUPP.

> Or are there plans to introduce a rate limit for such error
> messages?

sure.
probably we even need to make it configurable,
so you could switch it off completely.
drbd would then never even try to flush.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :