[DRBD-user] Public draft of DRBD Users' Guide available, feedback requested

Dr J Pelan J.Pelan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 26 15:15:10 CET 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Florian Haas wrote:

> This guide is going to be in "public draft" status all through the month
> of March. We request, strongly encourage and much appreciate feedback.
> Corrections are more than welcome, as are suggestions for improvement.

Under 'Basic mode of operation', I would be tempted to add a statement
along the lines of;

 "As DRBD is a block device it is agnostic to the filesystem layer above
  (if any). Moreover it will not in itself enable shared concurrent access
  to a filesystem - for this a cluster filesystem like GFS or OCFS2 will
  also be necessary."

It seems sensible to mention it explicitly and from the outset because it
appears some people are confused about or don't initially appreciate the
issue of coherency.

--
John P.