[DRBD-user] primary/primary with ext2 not updating real-time

Theophanis Kontogiannis theophanis_kontogiannis at yahoo.gr
Sun Feb 24 20:33:25 CET 2008

Hello all,

I have looked through Google and list archives, however I did not find a
detailed post on the following:

I have two replica servers (hardware, OS, main config. Obviously the IPs are
different)

Centos5
Drbd 8

I want:

1.	To have the partitions I will use for storage, be live replicated to
both servers (This is completed. I use drbd on each partition on server 1
and share it via drbd to server 2. The filter statement on /etc/drbd.conf is
corect).
2.	To use /dev/drbd0 and /dev/drbd1 as members of vg0 (Completed. VG0
is created to the full extend of the partitions)
3.	To mount at the same time the same vg to both servers (Completed
only manually. "primary/primary" configuration and "vgchange -a y vg0" on
both servers and then "mnt /dev/vg0/vg0 /mnt")
4.	Then when I write file "ABC" on server 1, I need server 2 to realize
(with "ls") that file "ABC" is being written (or at least was written)
WITHOUT having to un-mount and mount again.

Anyone solved this (even with clvmd and gfs)?
If yes I would really appreciate some detailed explanations how it is
solved.

Sincerely,

Theophanis Kontogiannis