[DRBD-user] Recommended Hardware

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Fri Feb 22 18:39:29 CET 2008

On Linux, many people are happy with LSI, 3ware, and Areca raid
controllers. I personally like my Arecas. Adaptec contollers have a
history of being very bad, but rumor has it they have gotten much better.

I've had zero issues with my intel gigabit nics, but I don't know how they
compare to other brands.

Your usage sounds like it will involve lots of small random writes, so I'd
recommend staying away from raid-5.