[DRBD-user] pleas help: drbd upgrade 0.7.17 -> 0.8.11 metadata not found

Martin Gombac martin at isg.si
Wed Feb 20 13:27:22 CET 2008

Hi,

i wanted to upgrade my kernel due to recent security issues, but
after kernel upgrade found out that 0.7.24 and 0.7.25 won't compile
on 2.6.23 and 2.6.24. I decided i won't manually install it using
patches from Igor Zhbanov, but will rather upgrade to 0.8.11, which
proved to be a mistake.
I have updated my drbd.conf with new options and kept on `on node {}`
parts from it intact. Then i wanted to upgrade metadata and continue
with second node. But it says it can't find 0.7 version of metadata.

What should i do? I successfully upgraded from 0.7.24 (i think) to
0.8.8 on another cluster but have problems with this one.

--
lev etc # drbdadm create-md web

v08 Magic number not found
v07 Magic number not found
About to create a new drbd meta data block
on /dev/vg/web.

  ==> This might destroy existing data! <==

Do you want to proceed?
[need to type 'yes' to confirm]
lev etc #
--

For now i'll leave cluster running with just one node. :-(

Regards,
M.