[DRBD-user] drbd configuration problem

Law Siew Hiong siewhiong at 1-net.com.sg
Thu Feb 14 04:45:29 CET 2008

Hi Sir,

We are newbie for DRBD & heartbeat, after we have configure we reboot
the server then we got he error message before the login to the system.
We have to key in 'yes' after the message " To abort waiting enter 'yes'
[xx]: yes " then only allow access to the system.

cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda2 internal --set-defaults
--create-device --on-io-error=detach failed - continuing!

Our kernel version  2.6.18

[root at esdb02 ~]# /etc/init.d/drbd start

Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 Failure: (114) Lower device is already
claimed. This usually means it is mounted.

cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda2 /dev/sda2 internal
--set-defaults --create-device --on-io-error=detach  failed -
continuing!

[root at esdb02 ~]# /etc/init.d/drbd start

Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 Failure: (114) Lower device is already
claimed. This usually means it is mounted.

cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda2 /dev/sda2 internal
--set-defaults --create-device --on-io-error=detach  failed -
continuing!

When we type the command (/etc/init.d/drbd start) we get the following
result:

[root at esdb02 ~]# /etc/init.d/drbd start

Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 Failure: (114) Lower device is already
claimed. This usually means it is mounted.

cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda2 /dev/sda2 internal
--set-defaults --create-device --on-io-error=detach  failed -
continuing!

n0 ]..........

 DRBD's startup script waits for the peer node(s) to appear.

 - In case this node was already a degraded cluster before the

   reboot the timeout is 60 seconds. [degr-wfc-timeout]

 - If the peer was available before the reboot the timeout will

   expire after 0 seconds. [wfc-timeout]

   (These values are for resource 'mysql'; 0 sec -> wait forever)

 To abort waiting enter 'yes' [ -- ]:[  10]:[  11]:[  12]:

Please help!

Warm Regards

Siew Hiong

Engineer