[DRBD-user] Re: building debs

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Mon Feb 18 21:11:13 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 08:07:04PM +0100, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:50:49 +0100, Papp Tamás wrote:
> > How should I build deb on normal way.
>
> Use the package from the Debian archive. The build process is explained
> in it's readme.

Do you mean?

The Debian drbd-source package can be used in several ways,

 - Using module-assistant(1) commands provided by the module-assistant
Debian
   package:

        # module-assistant auto-install drbd8

 - Using the make-kpkg(1) command provided by the kernel-package
Debian
   package. See the "modules_image" section of the make-kpkg(1) man
page.

 - Unpacking /usr/src/drbd*.tar.bz2 and installing the module on your
own.

The first one installs v8.0.7, and anyway, all of them make only the
kernel module package.

I'd like to make all of the deb packages (utils and kernel modules)
from the newest version drbd.

tamas