[DRBD-user] Starting drbd services using drbddisk

Ben Beuchler insyte at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 21:08:04 CET 2008

I'm working on a simle Heartbeat setup with drbd.  Since my cluster
will never grow beyond two nodes, I'm using the basic v1 config with
CRM.

According to the DRBD docs, the only startup work that needs to be
done outside Heartbeat is to load the drbd module.  If I load the
module than let try to start DRBD using the drbddisk script, this is
what I get:

ko1:~ insyte$ sudo modprobe drbd
ko1:~ insyte$ sudo /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk ha_disk start
Failure: (127) Device minor not allocated
Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary' terminated with exit code 10
Failure: (127) Device minor not allocated
Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary' terminated with exit code 10
^C

I can alleviate the problem with a simple "drbdadm up all".

As I can't find any indication that other people are needing to do
this, I'm concerned that I might be doing something wrong.  If not, is
it safe to just add a call to "drbdadm up all" to the "start)" clause
in drbddisk?

Thanks!

-Ben