[DRBD-user] which version

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Thu Feb 14 00:06:45 CET 2008

On Wednesday, 13. February 2008, Greg Freemyer wrote:

> Thus the choice of packages for openSUSE is driven by developers and
> enthusiasts, not the needs of a rock solid production platform.

Just to hopefully end this discussion: openSUSE 10.3 ships with drbd 8.0.6
because at the time in summer, when I reported the infamous hang on
disconnect incompatibility with kernel 2.6.22 it was the only working version
for this kernel. A working 0.7 version came only later, after the freeze. But
for openSUSE there would not have been much reason for staying on 0.7
anyway...

Regards,
Stefan