[DRBD-user] DRBD crash with "attempt to write beyond end of device"

Doug Knight dknight at wsi.com
Fri Feb 8 20:32:31 CET 2008

Thanks Lars, I believe you accurately described the steps I took.

As for how to recover, that's is where my problem is. Current
configuration is DRBD stopped on the system which originally had the
issue (node 1). DRBD running, up primary on the other system (node 2),
with no problems (so far). After all I (incorrectly) did, if I try to
bring up drbd on Node 1, it hangs the system. I have to power cycle it
to reboot. I saw where there was another thread about a system
"halting", that was due to putting "halt -f" in one of their handlers. I
don't set any values for the -cmd variables in drbd.conf, are there any
defaults that occur that could cause the system "hangs"?

Thanks again,
Doug

[snip]