[DRBD-user] Do teh partitions have to be teh same exactly?

Rob Morin rob at dido.ca
Wed Feb 6 16:43:52 CET 2008

    On the the 2 machines i want to implement drbd have different
partitions..

Machine 1

/var  is its own partition (/dev/md1)
       this partition has these 2 directories that i want to replicate:

/var/mail/virtual
                                                                 /var/www

Machine 2
 Is  set up from scratch with 2 partitions  /dev/md1(/var/mail/virtual)
and /dev/md2(/var/www)  as  i was thinking of actually redoing the
partitions on machine 1, but i would prefer not to if i can...  :)

now my question is do i have to re do the dir structure on machine one?
As /var also contains /var/log and of course /var/lib, that i do not
want replicated, i want just /var/www/ and /var/mail/virtual replicated..

Can i do this?

Thanks...

--

Rob Morin