[DRBD-user] quick question on shuting down one node

Martin Gombac martin at isg.si
Wed Feb 6 00:14:09 CET 2008

Hi.

I have two consistent nodes and want to bring one down to add another
disk.
In the mean time the other node will take over all resources.
When first node comes back it will have an outdated resource(s).
On this node drbd will be started first then heartbeat.
Heartbeat will want to take over the resources immediately, while
drbd (devices) are still syncing and make SyncSource primary.

Would this pose a problem?
Should heartbeat be started only after drbd synchronization finishes?
The latter is how I used to do it but i don't think it's necessary.

Thx for info.
Regards,
M.