[DRBD-user] DRBD utilize Infiniband inter-connection?

Joe,Yu smartjoe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 18:12:02 CET 2008

Hello guys,

'Coz DRBD nodes sync data all through the GigE network(normal topology).
Does it make sense that use Infiniband hardware replace GigE as the
inter-connection link for DRBD nodes to have outstanding performance boost?

We have deployed a 4 nodes Oracle RAC Cluster 1 years ago with HP's
infiniband products and gained big performance improvement. This encourage
us to think of this day-and-day cheaper hardware solution for a faster DRBD
cluster.

Regards,

--
Joe